Monday, July 16, 2012

Shitstorm Galore

This one's kinda late, but I think I  should've posted something about this a few days ago:

I blogged previously somewhere in another corner of the interwebs about my life dreams and aspirations, new-found purpose. One of those is this known linguistics conference I've been eyeing on for months. I've submitted a research proposal last May. Already planned with a topic and research methodology for that dream paper presentation, and this is what I saw on my email inbox...

*insert crying cue in 5, 4, 3...*


No need to put the exact email.


I guess doing shit on the net and letting my ass kiss the chair for an entire day ensues nothing but mediocrity. Knew I should've done better.

Meanwhile, It's been 18 days of work for my part time job for oDesk, and this has what transpired:
Contractor:
3 days gone and still did not received any filethis is 2 days working only.regards
Me 
Hi, Mr. ####. It seems that my other work has expanded its time and load requirement alongside my graduate school. Would it be possible that I regularly write 6 articles in a span of 2 days and a half instead? 
Contractor
i think you are too busy with your school work.may be this is not right time to work with us.therefore i pray for your better future.it is better to finish this job. may be we are better co-ordinate in future.i hope you learn lot with us. and helpful in your future article writing.i will pay you the agreed amount plus bonus tomorrow.regard
ERGO



BRILLIANT, D00D. SHOULD GET A NOBEL PRIZE FOR THAT


wrong wrong wrong wrong fucking move

First off, why the fuck did I say that? I NEED COLD HARD CASH.

Second, I was actually eager to have the contract ended because I already have 2 other jobs and grad school. I feel all the workload is taking a toll on both my output and reputation as an employee.

Third, are my reasons valid to letting go or am I just too lazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment