Monday, March 9, 2009

Batangas Getaway

Oh crap. I just missed six days of blogging for Pete's sake.

I had so much things fucked-up right now and I'm still trying to fix them.


Well let's change topic for now. So, we had our biology-oriented trip to Matuod, Batangas at the De La Salle University - Manila Brother Alfred Shields, FSC Marine Station along the Talim Bay (wow, now that's a mouthful) from March 7-8.

Matuod is fairly a quaint community; not too much contiguous with urbanization. It seemed that my Summer 2008 return to my dad's province, Aklan, relived. Sandy trails, coconut trees, azure sea façade, summer-tinged breeze -- that's what it's all about.

The place is pretty much away from the tech mayhem Manila is in with all the everywhere-you-could-see televisions, wide-coverage cellphone signals, the internet, and any other thing that's been stacked with silicon and chips. And just before I was exiled into the depths of that tropical abyss, I still managed to take a drink of my ever-loved Starbucks® Signature Hot Chocolate for at least the last minute I will be with the rest of the world.

So here's a list of some of the things we did during our 2-day, 1-night escapade to the great briny outdoors:

1. Lecture & orientation on area.
2. Snorkeling.
3. Mangrove sighting.
4. Swimming.
5. Picture-taking (as usual).
6. Trekking at Mt. Tikbalang with UP Diliman students.
7. More picture-taking...
8. Group activities.
9. Card games.
10. Long yet fun chat with classmates.

To be honest with, at first I had lacked the will to join my classmates to Batangas. It's just that I had some other commitments to address and I felt torn apart. However, at the end of the trip, I've seen that with those 2 days, I lost being someone from a distant place.

[I hate this blog. It's boring me to death.]

No comments:

Post a Comment