Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Solemnity and Anarchy: A Mental Space War

It rains. It's pouring rain.

The trickling droplets of water crisply kiss with the tin roof as I write this note of ecstasy.

Anyway, enough with the cheesiness.

I just found myself wandering along the aisles of a National Bookstore--err--store and unexpectedly went across book bargains which I would say made my time-killing traipse worthwhile.

image from http://fantasicfiction.co.uk

It's obviously entitled The Killing of Worlds: Book Two of Succession by Scott Westerfield (2003).

I was struck by the fact that for the first time I was engaged in buying a book (most especially a novel) since I know I have the least expense to prance through random literary texts for the sake of entertainment.

Well let's get through with all my shitty balderdash and get to the point: it's hardbound and worth PhP50.

Still, by going through each chapter, each paragraph, once in a while, there seems to be a lot of imagination and technicality devotion spent all throughout. I like how each detail lures my mind to visualize it the most vividly I can with all the "photon cannons," "battle cruisers," and so much more highly-advanced devices only pathetic minds can perceive but not achieve.

Sci-fi is neither my least nor my most favorite, but once I get in touch with it I accumulate more excitement on what other genres could offer for me most especially fantasy.

Elaborate, I must not further do.

This isn't a book review though. And for that, you thank God.

1 comment:

  1. hello love. hahaha. kamon. let's beat pablo banila. :))

    ReplyDelete